STATEMENT OF FAITH
The statement of Faith of the Dale Christian School is the same as the statement of Faith of the Armadale Congregational Church Inc. and is as follows
We Believe in
- ¨ The full inspiration of the Holy Scriptures; their authority and sufficiency, being in themselves the Word of God, (bearing witness to the Incarnate Word Jesus Christ; the reliability of the New Testament concerning the character and authorship of the Old Testament); their freedom from error as given in the original writings; and the need of the teaching ministry of the Holy Spirit for a true and spiritual understanding of the whole of Scripture.
- ¨ The unity of the Godhead and the divine and co equality of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit; the sovereignty of God in creation, providence and redemption.
- ¨ The true and proper deity of our Lord Jesus Christ; His virgin birth; His real and perfect manhood; the authority of His teaching, and the infallibility of all His utterances; His work of atonement for sinners of mankind by His substitutionary sufferings and death, His bodily resurrection and His ascension into heaven; and His present and priestly intercession for His people at the right hand of the Father.
- ¨ The total depravity of human nature in consequence of the Fall, and the necessity for regeneration.
- ¨ The justification of the sinner solely by faith in our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
- ¨ The necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit in conversion and regeneration, at which point the believer is baptised with the Spirit; also in sanctification, worship and ministry, for which He gives spiritual gifts.
- ¨ The universal Church, the body of which Christ is the Head, embracing all the redeemed, called by God through the Gospel, born of the Spirit and justified by faith; the local church comprising such believers as the expression of the universal Church, and fellowship between such churches manifesting the unity of the body of Christ.
- ¨ The ordinances of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper as being instituted by our Lord Jesus Christ; but NOT in baptism as conveying regenerating grace; NOR in the Lord’s Supper as being a sacrifice for sin, nor involving any change in the substance of the bread and wine.
- ¨ The imminent personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ for His Church and His subsequent return to the earth in glory.
- ¨ The resurrection of the body, the judgement of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ, with the eternal blessedness of the righteous and the eternal punishment of the wicked.